Friday, July 9, 2010

On the road again . . . soon

My sister was browsing thewoombie.com (a swaddling one-sie site for babies) on the world wide web and Melissa shouts out, “Do they come in size six feet?”

Yes, after being around my two week old nephew for four days, Melissa was able to diagnose me . . . Ya all, I have colic! During the last few days of the bike tour, I had the exact same symptoms as two-week-old Brady! Lets review:

  1. I’m fussy
  2. Nothing you can do can satisfy me
  3. I cry for long periods of time . . . for no reason
  4. I kick my legs at night when laying in my bag
  5. I look uncomfortable and appear in pain

I have colic. I can say with absolute certainty that I probably maybe have colic.

Luckily, these symptoms seem to disappear in and around four months. Yeah!

Rather than have me demonstrate my colicky symptoms further, Melissa, on her own accord, has decided that at night, she will swaddle me using my sleeping bag and bungie cords. Won’t that be fun?! I secretly think her idea of swaddling is due to her fear that I might run-away at night.

Tomorrow we are hitting the road. After probably too many days of rest and recuperation, we are leaving my parents and biking west from Eminence, Missouri. I am both nervous and excited to start again. But the good news is, Melissa and I were able to repack our bikes, making them 32 pounds lighter.

Tomorrow we ride!

Brooke

2 comments:

  1. If and when you find something to soothe your colic, let me know, and I'll try it on Brady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just rode across Missouri and back on the KATY trail with 65 lbs. of gear on a Specialized Tricross Single Speed. You won't believe the difference of being 32 lbs. lighter! Stick with your daily plan and Enjoy the ride and the new people you continue to meet! You can do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete